April 6th, 2023 Meet the Cohort Kickoff
May 22nd, 2023 - June 30, 2023: Hatchery Program Dates (M-F 9AM-5PM)
Application Deadline & Process
Applications are due February 20th, 2023. To secure a spot, apply today.
Written Application: Your essay or video response to the prompt in the written application will be the primary component used in determining your place in the program. Take the time to write or record something that shows us who you are!
Interview: Following the written application review you may be asked to participate in an interview.
Note: The reviewing group may request additional information about the applicant before making final decisions.
Students will have one week from receiving an offer of acceptance to commit or decline.
This is a Monday through Friday program. From years of testing we have learned that the immersive, intensive, and dedicated nature of the program is critical to its success. We do not allow additional courses to be taken or any job that would interfere with the program commitment. Courses and jobs that are completed outside of the 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM time commitment are permitted.
For Lehigh University students:
(1) Must be full time students or on a case-by-case basis, those students graduating in May before the program starts,
(2) must be in good academic standing,
(3) may not be on disciplinary probation during the time of program,
(4) must have their Bursar/financial accounts paid in full,
(5) if applying with an idea/project/venture that is already operating as a business (i.e. a formed legal entity, selling products or services, raising funds, etc.) applicant must disclose status and details of said business including, but not limited to, type of entity, EIN, owners/partners/investors., and
(6) if planning to enroll in a course or take a job, it may not conflict with full time program dates and times.
For non-Lehigh University students:
If you are a non-Lehigh student interested in applying to the Hatchery, please email us at email@example.com to inquire about the application process and program fees.
The Hatchery has no program fee for Lehigh University students. The Baker Institute is committed to a diversity of thought and opinions, and by having no program fee for Lehigh students, this opportunity is available, regardless of financial ability, to all students who qualify.
Not only will there be no cost to you for this full time six- week program but for those with demonstrated need there are cost of living grants available as well.
Once we understand your needs we will provide direct financial support as well as assistance in identifying other financial support opportunities. There will be questions directly in the Hatchery application where you can note that you are in need of financial support for cost of living.
Please keep in mind:
- You will not be aske to commit to the program until your finances have been finalized
- Applications will be reviewed needs blind meaning requests for cost of living grants or other financial support will not affect our decision about you as a candidate for the program
- The program occurs between 9am-5pm Monday - Friday allowing participants to hold a job during non program hours
There is no credit associated with the Hatchery.
Summer Sessions Office Information: